A data entry job offers the big advantage of working according to individual specifications, especially in Canada.
A data entry type of job provides flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time and gives room for potential career growth since this role can evolve into other data roles within an organization.
Data entry jobs in Canada are one of the best jobs for an individual to go for.
Different companies are seeking a data entry clerk to carry out specific functions relating to the input of information and, as such, provide different types of employment terms and pay.
There are several data entry jobs in Canada that interested candidates can apply for, provided they meet all the requirements as stated by the hiring company; hence, proceed below.
Who is a Data entry clerk?
A data entry job entails a professional or individual whose responsibility is to input data into computer files or database systems.
A person who carries out this activity is known as a data entry clerk, data preparation and control operator, data registration and control operator, and data preparation and registration operator.
Data entry jobs can be the best for people to work, such as homemakers, students, and retired persons, in all locations, and taking up a data entry job gives an individual the opportunity to fulfill their dreams of being financially free.
Duties And Roles Of A Data Entry Clerk
- Collection of data and inputting information into databases
Reviewing records for accuracy.
- Creating spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Updating databases with new or revised information as necessary.
- Performing regular backups of information to ensure data preservation.
- Retrieving records and electronic files from the database.
- Sorting and organizing paper records or notes after data entry
- Preparing digital materials or files for printing.
Qualifications Needed For A Data Entry Job In Canada
- Completion of high school is required
- College and other courses in data entry may be required
- Education higher than a high school diploma is often not required, but some companies require a bachelor’s degree.
- Companies also hope the worker will have one year of experience or more in a related field.
5 Companies Recruiting For Data Entry Jobs
Canadian companies or organizations seeking entry-data positions will be mentioned below for immediate consideration.
1. Pacific Coast Warehousing
Pacific Coast Warehousing seeks a Data Entry Clerk who will collect and enter data into databases, maintain accurate records, and perform other roles as well.
Other duties include
- Perform basic mathematical calculations to ensure data accuracy
- Organize and maintain files, both physical and electronic, ensuring easy retrieval of information
- Assist with order entry and processing tasks as needed
- Proficient in data collection and entry techniques
- Strong understanding of basic mathematical concepts
- Experience working with Excel functions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Familiarity with office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, etc.
- Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Benefits: Dental care and Paid time off
- Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
- Schedule: 8-hour shift Monday to Friday
- Ability to commute or relocate: Richmond, BC V6V 1P3
- Education: Secondary School (preferred)
- Experience: Data entry: 1 year (preferred)
2. BDOATES Enterprises Ltd
BDOATES Enterprises Ltd is currently in need of a data entry clerk who will receive, and register documents for data entry and will enter data according to specified format.
Other tasks include
- Transfer data between software
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of data
- Store, update, and maintain databases
- Perform backup procedures
- Perform general office duties
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Experience and specialization
- Type of data entry – Alpha-numeric
- Computer and technology knowledge – Spreadsheet, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Windows, MS Office
- Area of specialization – Statistics, Financial statements, Invoices, Charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Location: 2802 Dewdney Avenue, Regina, SK S4T 0X7
- Salary – 21.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: – Permanent employment
- Full-time – To be determined
- Languages – English
- Education – Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience – 1 year to less than 2 years
- Work setting – General office
- Benefits – Long-term benefits and Other benefits
Pantorama Company is in search of a data entry clerk to enter data into the computer system accurately and efficiently and perform other functions such as:
- Verity accuracy of data entered into the system
- Ensure data is entered promptly.
- Follow established procedures for data entry.
- Bilingual: French and English
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Full-time – Monday to Friday, Flexible schedule
- Salary: From $15.25 per hour
- Benefits: On-site parking
- Schedule: Day shift, Monday to Friday
- Ability to commute/relocate – Dollard, QC H9B 3H9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Work Location: In person
Husky seeks a data entry operator who will receive and register documents for data entry, enter data according to specified format, and verify the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Experience: – Will train
- Type of data entry: alpha-numeric
- Location: 2511 Range Road, Prince George, BC V2N 4G
- Salary: 26.00 hourly, or 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: permanent employment and Full-time
- Languages – English
5. Tantalus Systems
Tantalus Systems is seeking to add a Data Entry Clerk to their team!
You will be responsible for accurate data entry, file maintenance, and record keeping.
- Enter a variety of data using current technology
- Prepare and sort documents for data entry
- Create and maintain logs for tracking purposes
- Review and enter data updates in the systems
- Review discrepancies in data received
- Advise supervisor of issues related to data
- Previous experience in data entry or other related fields
- Excellent typing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Location – Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employment Type – Part-Time
- Benefits Offered – Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
- Compensation – CA$18.25 to CA$26.45 per hour
How To Apply
Interested candidates should ensure to go through every available data entry job made available on the Canadian job bank and having met the requirements then you can proceed to apply through the link below
1. What Are The Skills Of A Data Entry Clerk?
- Time management
- Knowledge of basic software
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Operating knowledge of standard equipment
- Basic research and collection of data skills.
2. What Is The Average Salary Of A Data Entry Job In Canada?
The average data entry salary in Canada is $35,100 per year or $18 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $30,225 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $51,972 per year.
In summary, if you have great keyboarding skills, a penchant for accuracy, and the ability to work under a deadline, data entry may be a solid career to consider.
A job in data entry can take you into a variety of industries since employers across many sectors hire for these positions, hence endeavor to refer back to the application link to get started.