Aquaman fans are eagerly anticipating the release of the sequel, “Aquaman 2: The Lost Kingdom,” set to hit theaters
The highly anticipated sequel to the 2018 hit movie, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, released its first trailer on September 11, 2023. The trailer features Jason Momoa returning as Arthur Curry, the King of Atlantis.
The trailer opens with a shot of the ocean and the voiceover of Arthur Curry saying, “I always knew I would come back here.” The trailer then shows some breathtaking underwater shots and introduces new characters, including Arthur’s son, played by Finn Wolfhard.
The trailer also features Amber Heard briefly returning as Mera, Arthur’s love interest from the first movie.
Aquaman 2, also known as Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, is an upcoming superhero film directed by James Wan and produced by Warner Bros. Pictures. The movie is a sequel to the 2018 film Aquaman and is set to be released on December 16, 2022.
The movie takes place several years after the events of the first film. Arthur Curry, also known as Aquaman, is forced to protect Atlantis and his loved ones from devastation after an ancient power is unleashed by David Kane, also known as Black Manta, obtaining the cursed Black Trident. Aquaman is balancing his duties as both the King of Atlantis and a new father. Orm, Aquaman’s half-brother and his nemesis must step into the picture.
The two characters were foes for the entirety of the first film, but in Aquaman 2, they will have to work together to face a new villain. The movie will also introduce new characters, including the character of Arthur Curry Jr.
AQUAMAN 2 TRAILER! pic.twitter.com/KuVTwLT35m
— Matt Ramos (@therealsupes) September 14, 2023
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom boasts an impressive cast of talented actors who bring their characters to life on the big screen. Here are some of the key players in the upcoming movie:
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman: The titular character and the king of Atlantis. Momoa previously played Aquaman in the 2018 film of the same name.
- Amber Heard as Mera: A warrior and Aquaman’s love interest. Heard also appeared in the first film.
- Patrick Wilson as Orm Marius / Ocean Master: Aquaman’s half-brother and the former king of Atlantis. Wilson reprised his role from the first movie.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane / Black Manta: A ruthless treasure hunter and Aquaman’s nemesis. Abdul-Mateen II also returns from the first film.
- Pilou Asbæk as King Nereus: The king of the Xebellian tribe and Mera’s father. Asbæk is best known for his role as Euron Greyjoy in Game of Thrones.
- Indya Moore as Karla: A character whose role is currently unknown. Moore is best known for her role in the TV series Pose.
- Jani Zhao as Siren: A character whose role is currently unknown. Zhao is a Chinese actress and model.
- Vincent Regan as Atlan: The first king of Atlantis and the father of Aquaman’s mother. Regan has appeared in numerous films and TV shows, including 300 and Troy.
Aquaman 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the 2018 hit movie Aquaman, which grossed over $1 billion worldwide. The film is directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry, the King of Atlantis, and Amber Heard as Mera. The movie is set to be released on December 16, 2023.
Fans of the Aquaman franchise have been eagerly awaiting the release of the sequel, and the official release date has been confirmed for December 16, 2023. The film was originally scheduled to be released on December 14, 2022, but was pushed back due to the COVID-19 pandemic.